Monday, May 26, 2008
First Day of Class
I am looking forward to being in this class. Every topic that was discussed today in class is so interesting and it is crazy to think that one day people will have robots not only as pets but as workers, friends and possibly even as a marriage partner. I think of robots as machines and computer parts, not as a person or thing with emotions or ability to love. But we have gotten to that point in our technology that we are beginning to program a computer to have emotions or feelings but when/where is that barrier created for a human to not have feelings for a machine? I know I love my computer and its hard to go a day without going on it to check my email or go on aim to chat with friends, but I am not 'in' love with my computer. Technology is made to make our lives easier, not to complicate it. Now with robots having emotions, it makes another issue in society of whether it is okay to have feelings or fall in love with a machine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment